Locking Soul Stone Attributes

Locking Soul Stone Attributes

Postby outseekerdroid » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:02 pm

When you have a fresh soul stone and you roll for new stats (but don't apply them yet), then click Lock on one of the stats, I thought it indicated that you are actually locking the original stat, not the one you just rolled, and that applying what you've just rolled after locking will result in the locked stat staying as it was and the other stats being overwritten.

Just now I have found this is not the case, and that locking after fresh roll did nothing; both stats were replaced even though I thought I had locked in the original stat of one of them from what I had read/understood.

Can you explain what's going on? I can try to clarify if need be.

Thenx!
outseekerdroid

Re: Locking Soul Stone Attributes

Postby admin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi outseekerdroid,

The stat you are locking is the one on the left (original soulstone), so if you want to lock the rolled result instead, you must replace the original first. If you try to lock a stats without replacing a rolled soulstone modification, you should have seen a warning popup that tells you that you are haven't choose to replace the soulstone yet. If you see the new roll of a locked stat different from the locked original stat, please send us a before/after screenshot.

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:09 pm

OK good that's what I thought at least, but I rolled for stats, locked the one I wanted to keep from the left, then clicked to overwrite the stats, which was supposed to keep the locked one on the left and replace only the other one, but instead both on the left were overwritten, with the lock doing nothing.

If I have any dust left I can try with a random one for screenies I guess, but I didn't do anything special before this happened that I can think of, so I imagine it might be reproducible.
outseekerdroid

Postby outseekerdroid » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:14 pm

OK, I just retested it and it failed again.

So did I unfortunately in saving the Before screenshot, and I am now out of dust.

On the plus side, it looks to be entirely reproducible.

Step 1: Select a 3 star
Step 2: Roll for some new stats
Step 3: Lock one of the stats
Step 4: Complete modification to overwrite stats
Step 5: Note the stat you locked is now gone, overwritten with the one you rolled
outseekerdroid

Postby admin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi outseekerdroid,

I think you still completely misunderstood what the "lock" means. Once the stat is locked, all new rolls will will not change the original stones stats, and that's ALL the lock does. It doesn't allow you to pick and choose which of the stats to replace from the new roll (it's always all or nothing).

Hope this helps,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:09 pm

So why can I roll for stats on the right, Lock one stat and overwrite, when the lock has no effect?
If I can't lock the existing stat and only apply the new one I choose, why is it possible to use Lock in this situation? Pretty sure it still costs you extra because it's locked
outseekerdroid

Postby admin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi outseekerdroid,

I think you still completely misunderstood what the "lock" means and how it works. I am not sure how I can explain it more clear than my last reply. Here is the recap:

- The use of "lock" is for BEFORE you hit the "modify" button. It's ONLY used to prevent locked stats changing when you roll new stats with the "modify" button.
- The "lock" is NOT intended to be used AFTER you already rolled with the "modify" button. It does NOT prevent any stats from being replaced when you press the "replace" button.

Hope this helps,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:21 am

admin wrote:- The use of "lock" is for BEFORE you hit the "modify" button. It's ONLY used to prevent locked stats changing when you roll new stats with the "modify" button.
- The "lock" is NOT intended to be used AFTER you already rolled with the "modify" button. It does NOT prevent any stats from being replaced when you press the "replace" button.

Hope this helps,
Admin / Playmage Support

Ya, so what you're saying is that the locking functionality itself is working as you intended, however..

If use of "Lock" is for BEFORE hitting the "Modify" button Only, then why is the "Lock" button still Enabled AFTER hitting the Modify button? It should be disabled like it's functionality, yes?

It's not clear at that point that your clicking Lock will have no effect until after the next Modify, and that even though the dust cost goes up immediately when you click Lock, doing so has done nothing and it's just going to overwrite all stats as if you hadn't clicked Lock at all.

Know what I mean? If it's a matter of interface usage/design restriction, you could disable the Lock functionality when you have clicked Modify and created new stats on the right, and add a button to Discard the new roll, which would then re-enable the Lock functionality, since you're back to where you started.

Actually, I've just looked at it again and when you have new stats up on the right from a Modify which are better than what you already have, clicking Lock results in this message:

"The modification has not been replaced yet, are you sure you want to lock the previous inferior grade attribute?"

That message directly says I can lock my previous inferior grade attribute then hit Replace, which is why I was insisting it's not working properly initially lol I'm getting conflicting information :D
outseekerdroid

Postby admin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:07 am

You are indeed locking the inferior attribute FOR THE NEXT MODIFY.

The game original was designed that after "modify", you are forced to choose the previous or the new stats before any other actions can be taken, but the designers changed to the current implementation because that implementation it's very inconvenient for players who are going to do many modifications looking for specific stats grades.

Anyways, I am sorry if you were confused earlier how the mechanism worked. I don't see a point of debating on this further as you obviously already understand the feature.

BTW, if you "Modify", then lock an attribute, then press "Replace", there is a clear prompt message that states: "Locked attributes do not change when modifying later, but will be replaced if you replace now, continue anyways?"

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:39 am

admin wrote:You are indeed locking the inferior attribute FOR THE NEXT MODIFY.

It does not clearly say that which is in caps to someone who has never seen the game before, which is everyone initially. Also the fact is that a Lock function at that point, which has no effect whatsoever should not be a thing someone can click. It's just potentially misleading and unnecessary.

admin wrote:Anyways, I am sorry if you were confused earlier how the mechanism worked. I don't see a point of debating on this further as you obviously already understand the feature.

Yes, it's not really an issue of my understanding how the feature works (any more), it's more that the feature could be made more understandable for people who don't have copious amounts of time to work through the wording of messages in order to possibly understand how it works, instead of just having the interface only allow them to do valid things.

admin wrote:BTW, if you "Modify", then lock an attribute, then press "Replace", there is a clear prompt message that states: "Locked attributes do not change when modifying later, but will be replaced if you replace now, continue anyways?"

That message is perhaps clear enough if you already understand how it all works, but is just confusing jibberish if you're a new player tbh. I think it would be vastly superior to just lock the interface down so that everything you can click will work as expected, without the need to disclaim and try to explain that what they've done won't work until later, if they press a particular button.

Just saying. You don't have to do anything with this feedback or suggestion, and I'm not upset or anything :)

One other small point now that I'm looking at it again is the name of the Modify button. Normally one would expect Modify to mean Apply or something to that effect, so that threw me initially too since both Replace and Modify in my mind mean Apply or similar. Again, maybe you agree and will consider a different term, maybe not. It's cool since I already understand it now I don't really "care" as it were, but I would like to help the experience improve
outseekerdroid

Next

Return to Support