Guardian of the South decreased attack

Re: Guardian of the South decreased attack

Postby wolfchen007 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:09 am

I don't know why you say card is broken, it has always worked fine for me. You advertised it as the most powerful card ever when it arrived. Imagine if you bought a Ferrari and they said this is the most powerful road car and 6 months later they said sorry, the V12 has to come out, too much power we have to put in a V8. This is a poor excuse. As per usual you never listen to the players. Your developers and testers are supposed to find and fix the bugs, not the players, that's what you get paid for, what you say is RUBBISH. You consistently make mistakes and the players suffer. Get your act together PLAYMAGE and think before you leap. My perception is your decision making isn't thought through very well.
wolfchen007

Postby admin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:27 am

wolfchen007 wrote:I don't know why you say card is broken, it has always worked fine for me. You advertised it as the most powerful card ever when it arrived. Imagine if you bought a Ferrari and they said this is the most powerful road car and 6 months later they said sorry, the V12 has to come out, too much power we have to put in a V8. This is a poor excuse. As per usual you never listen to the players. Your developers and testers are supposed to find and fix the bugs, not the players, that's what you get paid for, what you say is RUBBISH. You consistently make mistakes and the players suffer. Get your act together PLAYMAGE and think before you leap. My perception is your decision making isn't thought through very well.

The description on the news actually did "A maxed Dual-Element (Fire + Light) 8-star Guardian of the South has 2351 HP and 3126 ATK, 5-CD 20X damage all + full heal skill, 2.5X HP+ATK to Fire+ATK cards leader skill!". That's why we are surprised that even our tester didn't catch the bug, no players brought it up saying it was doing 50X instead for the last 6 months.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Will » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:41 am

change the description to fit the stats, problem solved. Card is fixed we're all happy to have vermi back! or do you have another definition of broken involving ripping players off?
Will

Postby admin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:39 am

Will wrote:change the description to fit the stats, problem solved. Card is fixed we're all happy to have vermi back! or do you have another definition of broken involving ripping players off?

If this was less broken, such as Guardian of West there the multiplier just was applied first, we would have left it alone. However, when you have a broken card like this, it makes designing future cards and future bosses and maps impossible without either making it too easy/weak for players with the card or making it impossible for players without it. The worse alternative is start making all new enemies/bosses with 2.5X HP and all new cards with 2.5X more attack, then it would render all other previous cards useless. This why we need to fix the card's attack multiplier to match the description, the announced news, and other 5-CD cards.

I don't see how fixing a inccorrect attack multiplier ripping players off, as It's still very strong card with a full heal skill as is. However, if you only bought it because of it's broken attack multiplier, we do offer Gem or card exchange for the card if you contact us as mentioned above and in the announcement post: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=19073
admin
Site Admin

Postby Will » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:11 am

seriously playmage how can you comment on a game you don't play? How do you know what effect vermi had on the game without playing? how do you know what players want/need without listening? Vermi has made the game a little easier in some ways as a new card should but you can't judge that by numbers alone! How about being active participants in this game, maybe you would pick up on why players are fed up with your arrogant bs attitude and maybe even your never ending list of errors! I quit!!
Will

Postby digitalwei » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:29 am

Ouch, this really hurts and is very disappointing. I've never really paid attention to the card descriptors (moderate/heavy/gigantic/etc) since they are too vague, and just get the card to see what happens in a fight, or better yet, use a friend's as leader before buying. I have also never heard any insiders talk about this card as a "bug" or an "exploit", but simply that it was an awesome card to get and has made the game quite enjoyable for these past few months. I think most of us have tended to think the birds were just the next generation powerful card set like the previous Light and Dark Queens, which allowed us a great all-purpose team to take care of many rounds of gw/rb. We have grown to expect a breakout card to happen perhaps 2-3 times a year or so. I think most of the player base thinks similarly.

Now we recognize PM's game strategy is to present to us a steady increase in challenges along with appropriately gradually increasingly skilled cards...keeping the game interesting and also providing a steady income flow. Having a card that allows us to skip too many multiple generations, especially if it was a mistake, would either force them to make a major jump in difficulty in new rb/gw's alongside more powerful recruits, or to do what they've done. I doubt we will change PM's mind in this, as the former solution would be a major hardship to the rest of the DE population who don't have this card.

While I do spend to support this game, I need to be somewhat frugal (having been out of a job for 3 months, sigh). Therefore, let me try to insert a constructive discussion in here. Since I cannot afford to buy into a new generation yet, and since I've completely ignored any of the new special recruits. What are your suggestions for a replacement team that would bring a player up to speed with the best of the remaining available event recruits? We have to dig into, what, 6 months of memory here, so I'm hoping there are smarter players out there who can make constructive recommendations.

My current bird teams are:
1) for quick smash and grabs (mining, etc) - 8* guardian leader, 2 6* birds, 7* bird, echidna, and friend's 8* guardian
2) for high hp boss - 8* guardian leader, 2 echidna, maxed 8* muse, 7* bird, and friend's sleeping beauty.
What, if anything, can come close with previous special recruits from the last 6 months or so?

Lastly, a request to PM. Can you extend the refund/replace policy to include the 6* and 7* cards as well? As you can see the "broken" 8* alone, does not make a deck. Most of us invested in a fuller team with 6* and 7* birds to accompany. Without the former power of the 8*, the 6* and 7* cards are wasted investments.

Many thanks, GreyRose.
digitalwei

Postby Loubee » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:30 am

I never even knew it was broken card and I feel ripped off as know my cards are useless again trying find a good enough team to kill all the much improved Rb and gw your putting on more expenditure so noone got a chance of killing anything no more sad but true. I been playing over 2 yrs and level 193 and still not got good enough cards to kill anything. Is it bad to have a 200 plus attack card bring those back
Loubee

Postby admin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:21 am

digitalwei wrote:Lastly, a request to PM. Can you extend the refund/replace policy to include the 6* and 7* cards as well? As you can see the "broken" 8* alone, does not make a deck. Most of us invested in a fuller team with 6* and 7* birds to accompany. Without the former power of the 8*, the 6* and 7* cards are wasted investments.
Many thanks, GreyRose.

Yes, if you have a 8* Guardian of South, we can also refund/replace your other 6* and 7* Vermillion Bird cards as well or replace them with similar at the same time.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Woody » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:20 pm

admin, just a suggestion;
offer Gem refunds after deleting the card from the player's deck AND make the card available as a 7* zero turn Guild War Boss Card.

OR, refund a set amount of Gems (maybe 150-200) to all players who obtained the card ...

this softens the change for both sides ... imho
Last edited by Woody on Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Woody
Leo's Lounge
f47ba4
Woody

Postby Merryweather » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:21 pm

Playmage, think very carefully before doubling down on this position. Super-vermy is very strong, perhaps game-breakingly strong, but YOU made this decision. We didn't badger you into creating her. The fact that you paid so little attention to the consequences of YOUR actions, which changed the entire game to be honest, does not in any way entitle you to wake up 6 months later and go "wow, the game is really broken now, isn't it?". The analogies presented here previous posters do apply: you sold us a Ferrari; those of us who bought her not only enjoyed driving around with the Ferrari but made MANY OTHER FINANCIAL DECISIONS based on this Ferrari's existence (even those other of us who missed out on her and bought gems for different cards that happen to work great with a GoS helper).

The way I see it, you have two choices: fix the description to match the ability we have all built our teams/strategies around (so yes, that means saying gigantic even though you originally said heavy), or refund ALL gem purchases since Vermy was released. Anything else is professionally reprehensible -- bait and switch of the worst order.

I don't think it hyperbole to say you are opening yourselves up for legal action if you don't undo your "fix" immediately. Grow up, Playmage.
Merryweather -- Majestic Warlords (FB server)
Merryweather

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion