Paying to talk in World Chat

Paying to talk in World Chat

Postby PerfectDes » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:37 am

WHY is that even a THING?

I understand you are a mobile app game and you need to make money...but charging 10 gems to post in WC after a certain amount of posts is just ridiculously bad and slightly upsetting.

I've even invested money on the game because I enjoyed it...but WC limit and paying gems that's bad and very off putting for players that like to talk to people outside of the guild and keep the game alive. A dead world chat will make people leave a game. It happens all the time. :/
PerfectDes

Re: Paying to talk in World Chat

Postby outseekerdroid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:38 am

+1
outseekerdroid

Postby admin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:37 am

One would need to chat a lot to reach the current free player world chat limit (50 lines per day, which originally was set for VIP 8). The limit is there to prevent super obnoxious players from spamming in the world chat for a long time. Private and guild messages are uncapped for free players, so if you can utilize those to carrying a long conversations. Keep in mind all VIP players are basically not capped, so you can always consider buying Gems for Gem card to support the game.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby PerfectDes » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:55 am

admin wrote:One would need to chat a lot to reach the current free player world chat limit (50 lines per day, which originally was set for VIP 8). The limit is there to prevent super obnoxious players from spamming in the world chat for a long time. Private and guild messages are uncapped for free players, so if you can utilize those to carrying a long conversations. Keep in mind all VIP players are basically not capped, so you can always consider buying Gems for Gem card to support the game.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support

because 50 is a lot. (which is isn't) And it would be super easy to program it where if the same person posted back to back to back there would be a 5 minute ban on them. Did you just try to upsell me? After I said I had invested in the game? I did by the gem card tyvm :) But the fact that you here think 50 is a lot of lines to post when there are 24 hours between reset is amazing.

You are penalizing people that want to converse about things in world chat. But thanks, I see that all you here care about is money. :)
PerfectDes

Postby admin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:41 am

We already have some rate limit in place, but automated chat filtering and spam protection will never enough. Sure, there are times that world chat may seem inactive, but then there are situations like earlier today where I saw a long long conversation in Japanese which 99% of others players wouldn't understand. Without the current free player chat limit, the world can get very clustered and annoying for players who want to only see useful messages such as relic hunt groupings. Here are some math how we determined free player chat limit:

- If you spend 2.5 hours in the game per day (which is quite high for mobile game play), 50 lines would let you post in world chat at average rate of every 3 minutes.
- If every player who logged in each day used their 50 lines in world chat, then there will be chat line scrolled by every second. If only 2% of players used 50 chats per day, it would still scroll about once a minute.

Anyways, I was just providing you suggestions on how one can get around the free player chat limit by using other channels or supporting the game. I assume the reason you posted this topic is someone you know ran into this limit, or you were just posting a hypothetical problem? Since the limit increase several months ago, we had ZERO players actually going over the limit, and probably no more than tiny handful ever reaching the limit, if any at all.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby icyglaze » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:15 am

I actually enjoyed the admin's retort this time. Numbers and stats to back up a point. Well done. Apply cream to burn.
icyglaze

Postby outseekerdroid » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:42 pm

Fair logic, yet I am out of chat msgs at this point in the day and I am not a spammer, merely a conversationalist ^_^
outseekerdroid

Return to Support