Accidental gem spendage

Accidental gem spendage

Postby outseekerdroid » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:45 pm

Hi,
I've PM'd you so as to avoid the discussion we've had in PM on the public forums as that would probably be your preference, but since I've had no answer may I please request you reverse my accidental opening of a weapon chest?

When you scroll the Find menu to a certain point and open the weapon chest, the menu then moves itself, so if you immediately tap where the next chest to the right should be, you're actually tapping weapon again.

Cheers
outseekerdroid

Re: Accidental gem spendage

Postby admin » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:12 am

Hi outseekerdroid,

We weren't able to reproduce the issue you mentioned, and the dev team tried many ways to do so and fail to accidentally open the wrong chest. I have reverted your weapon draw this time. In the future, you may want to not tapping things too fast, and wait for things to stop animating before tapping the button for the chest you intend to open.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:12 pm

- Open Find
- Scroll the menu across so the Weapon chest is lined up as the furthest left (first visible chest)
- Open the free chest
- Tap Back, because you don't want to spend gems to open a chest

The scrolley menu is no longer in the same position you left it.

Since I don't have a free Weapon chest available right now, I can't test it again and verify it on my other device, however I had a skill rune thingo available.

- Scroll so only half the Skill Rune chest is visible, just enough so the button is fully visible
- Tap to open the free chest
- Tap Back to not open another

The menu has scrolled fully back as far as it can go to completely show the Skill Rune chest; the menu is no longer in the position I put it in before opening the chest.

How about that one? Also what are you using to test?
outseekerdroid

Postby outseekerdroid » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:19 am

Just opened a free Pet chest with the pet chest perfectly aligned as the first visible one in the menu, tapped Back, menu has scrolled back exposing 3/4 of the Rune Stones chest.

I forgot to mention acutally, I have never waited for the animation thingo to finish when opening a chest and playing the sound effect, I always tap to skip past it and see what was in the chest.

Not sure if it's related but no idea how u can't reproduce what I'm describing either so there u go XD
outseekerdroid

Postby outseekerdroid » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:27 am

DId further explanation help you?

Verified this issue occurs on both my devices and has nothing to do with tapping to skip past the opening animation. You can see the menu scroll over the moment you open the chest if you look closely.
outseekerdroid

Postby admin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:19 am

Hi outseekerdroid,

This is not a bug, the game purposely move the chest you just opened to the center of the screen. You may want to consider either stop assuming the chests stays in place and pay attention before tapping blindly, or move the chest you plan to the center of the screen so the chests does stay in place.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:40 pm

How about you guys stop needlessly scrolling menus away from our selections instead? It's not a feature to make unexpected changes to menus behind view. Also if you open the furthest right chest, there's no way to scroll it into the middle, and you offset it further in the direction of nothing.

If you really want to use code to scroll the menu for some reason, how about you control the scroll before we hit the button instead of after, and hidden behind animations? ie. "snap" into positions as we scroll, so you don't have to change the scrolled position once we've made our selection.
outseekerdroid

Postby Cgamp » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:23 pm

I really didn't read too much of what was said here.

But the shop reset botton and the arrow to exit ate definitely waaay too close and I recently accidentally wasted like 40 gems because of it.

Sorry if that has nothing to do with anything. It just seemed like if I were to address this I might name the topic the same thing. Soooo

Edit: A simple confirmation box asking "are you sure you want to spend gems" before all one click gem purchases would remedy all of this.
Cgamp

Postby Donkeypunch » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:17 am

Bumping this post. Cgamp is right. Could you please ask the devs give us a confirmation box warning before gems are spent? This doesn’t seem very difficult to do. People are accidentally loosing out on a lot of gems.
Donkeypunch

Postby admin » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:42 am

This topic was brought up to the dev team before but the design team is reluctant to add any frictions (eg. for someone who want to continuous refresh the store to find what they looking for, adding confirmation would double amount of taps required). However, I will suggest to the team to see if we can move the refresh button further away from the back button in future updates.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Return to Support