Sudden huge drop in Raid boss

Sudden huge drop in Raid boss

Postby mefa » Sat May 26, 2018 3:57 pm

Hi,

I noticed a huge drop in raid boss as soon as Harpy is introduced.

I understand that you are trying to make it a bit difficult as HARPY now can be evolved to 8* etc

However, the change in the drop rate is huge.... I used to get 1 boss every 2 to 5 kills of Level 70 boss (Sometimes I used to get 2 bosses per kill!).

These days, I may get 1 or 2 for more than 50 level 70 kills!!!

This is very disappointing and only causes to players to leave the game.

I understand if cut the drop rate to half or 1/3, however if all of a sudden you reduce the drop rate by a factor of 10 or more, it is now very unfair and disappointing.

At the same time, a boss appears less frequent as well. I used to get a boss about 3 times playing a certain round, now I have to play the same round for around 5 times for my boss to show-up.
Again, I understand that you are trying to limit the new boss, however, such a huge drop rate (~10 times less) and at the same time reducing their appearance is too much.

Please, please fix.

Thank you in advance.
mefa

Re: Sudden huge drop in Raid boss

Postby mefa » Sat May 26, 2018 4:02 pm

By the way, I sent a message to all of my friends and everybody who plays the RB frequently confirmed the same issue and drop rate...

So basically, I am writing on behalf of myself (2 accounts) and more than a dozen of my friends!
mefa

Postby admin » Sat May 26, 2018 11:51 pm

Nothing was changed to the drop rate since raid boss came out, ever, period. Assuming you did realize you should be comparing lv 70 drop rates with level 70 as new raid boss means you start at level 1 (drop rate is strongly curved, first 20 level don't drop, then next 20 barely drops, even level 50 only has half of the full lv70 drop rate), then it's your luck that changed.

If every time a player complained on a the forum about a suspected rate drop when their luck changed was true, then the drop rate would been zero long time ago.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Sun May 27, 2018 3:08 pm

admin wrote:Nothing was changed to the drop rate since raid boss came out, ever, period. Assuming you did realize you should be comparing lv 70 drop rates with level 70 as new raid boss means you start at level 1 (drop rate is strongly curved, first 20 level don't drop, then next 20 barely drops, even level 50 only has half of the full lv70 drop rate), then it's your luck that changed.

If every time a player complained on a the forum about a suspected rate drop when their luck changed was true, then the drop rate would been zero long time ago.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support

True, but you have to understand how frustrating it is to grind for hours, days, even weeks to get a card we would consider fun to have only to have them never drop. I'm not personally saying that the rate has changed, but I am suggesting that the rate might be a bit too steep. I'm not saying that the raid boss cards should be "easy" to get, necessarily, but I've killed probably dozens of level 70 Dark Dragon Maidens. And while I have gotten some of them, it's pretty frustrating spending all that time to kill one, grind up another one to show up, and then kill that one, only to get a couple of useless fodder cards. It's realistically impossible to skill up raid boss cards enough to make them worth the effort.

Worse yet, though, is the fact that I don't even want the Dark Dragon Maiden cards. I kill them to clear the way for the Harpy cards, which I do want. But because it's a crapshoot as to which one I'll get, and I would have to wait three hours for a raid boss to go away, I don't really have a choice.

Here's a suggestion: can you guys change the way Raid Bosses work so that a player can have one of each active at any given time? So, if I trigger a Dark Maiden, but don't care about its card, I can keep playing and, maybe twenty minutes later, trigger a Harpy Queen, and then I could just fight the Harpy? Again, it's just annoying and frustrating to hope to trigger a fight for a card I want and end up having to fight a Level 70 0-turn countdown boss instead.
RavenoftheBlack

Postby mistervista » Tue May 29, 2018 8:39 am

RavenoftheBlack wrote:
admin wrote:Nothing was changed to the drop rate since raid boss came out, ever, period. Assuming you did realize you should be comparing lv 70 drop rates with level 70 as new raid boss means you start at level 1 (drop rate is strongly curved, first 20 level don't drop, then next 20 barely drops, even level 50 only has half of the full lv70 drop rate), then it's your luck that changed.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support

True, but you have to understand how frustrating it is to grind for hours, days, even weeks to get a card we would consider fun to have only to have them never drop. I'm not personally saying that the rate has changed, but I am suggesting that the rate might be a bit too steep. I'm not saying that the raid boss cards should be "easy" to get, necessarily, but I've killed probably dozens of level 70 Dark Dragon Maidens. And while I have gotten some of them, it's pretty frustrating spending all that time to kill one, grind up another one to show up, and then kill that one, only to get a couple of useless fodder cards. It's realistically impossible to skill up raid boss cards enough to make them worth the effort.

Worse yet, though, is the fact that I don't even want the Dark Dragon Maiden cards. I kill them to clear the way for the Harpy cards, which I do want. But because it's a crapshoot as to which one I'll get, and I would have to wait three hours for a raid boss to go away, I don't really have a choice.

Here's a suggestion: can you guys change the way Raid Bosses work so that a player can have one of each active at any given time? So, if I trigger a Dark Maiden, but don't care about its card, I can keep playing and, maybe twenty minutes later, trigger a Harpy Queen, and then I could just fight the Harpy? Again, it's just annoying and frustrating to hope to trigger a fight for a card I want and end up having to fight a Level 70 0-turn countdown boss instead.

+1
mistervista

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:20 pm

Apropos of this conversation, I really can't wait for this blasted Sea Serpent to go away. Seriously, all I want are the Echidnas, but its just these Serpents that keep showing up. It's really frustrating that a bad raid boss blocks the way to a good one.
RavenoftheBlack

Postby mistervista » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:59 pm

They really need to introduce a function that stops anyone starting a raid boss that someone else is already fighting because I'm sick to the back teeth of getting 'sniped'!!

It's pig ignorant and extremely annoying especially as you can end up killing a level 70 boss only to find you've been sniped and get just a poxy consolation card.

Playmage really need to fix this and they should be able to do it easily.
mistervista

Postby Zomzom » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:34 am

mistervista wrote:They really need to introduce a function that stops anyone starting a raid boss that someone else is already fighting because I'm sick to the back teeth of getting 'sniped'!!

It's pig ignorant and extremely annoying especially as you can end up killing a level 70 boss only to find you've been sniped and get just a poxy consolation card.

+1
Zomzom

Postby mistervista » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:38 am

Come on Playmage, sort this raid boss BS out now please.

I did another level 70 Echidna this morning and took out 9.9 million before leaving it for someone else to have a go at.
Almost 30 minutes later someone killed it and although I should have been King Raider it had me down as not doing anything and gave me a poxy consolation card again.

Even though I was conned I still have to wait another hour before I can have another go. That's just plain wrong and you really need to sort this out ASAP.
mistervista

RAID BOSS BS

Postby mistervista » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:51 am

They really need to introduce a function that stops anyone starting a raid boss that someone else is already fighting because I'm sick to the back teeth of getting 'sniped'!!

mistervista

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion