Please stop calling Alfred and Eightbit cheats!

Discussion specific to Facebook Server (eg. Guild Recruitments)

Please stop calling Alfred and Eightbit cheats!

Postby DrPhil » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:57 am

I'm delighted for alfred and eightbit as well as a little bit jealous. Just having a spare 24 hours a day, everyday, to sit there and click away is spare time I would love to have on my hands....and i can think of no better way of spending all that spare-time than playing DreamWorld, a remarkable and profoundly meaningful game that challenges on every level. I also salute their ability to find 50+ pills a day and my only regret is that they don't find more. Their super-human commitment to the game, incredible endurance and ridiculous good fortune definitely isn't suspicious and any spurious allegations to the contrary are just cruel and hurtful.

We should be celebrating their achievements, not whispering in corners exchanging gossip about how the developers are impotent to do anything about it and i would hope that we have better things to do then encourage them to engage in such wasteful endeavours.

Eightbit and Alfred are heroes of the game and deserve our respect and admiration!
*SexFace* The hairiest and most lovely thing on the internet!

DrPhil

Re: Please stop calling Alfred and Eightbit cheats!

Postby TomHyberger » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:31 pm

NOM NOM NOM I HAZ DRUNK DA COOLAID TOO AND NOW BOW TO DEM NOM NOM NOM BRAINZZZZZZZ
TomHyberger

Postby Pasquale » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Lol, well played.
treasureguy
AoD
Pasquale

Postby admin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:48 pm

We have actually been monitoring Alfred's play logs for the past few days since we received reports that his stat increases without having mobs going up, and noticed they are using exactly the same methods as the top 3 players (who also can easily get 50 free stats a day). The difference is that he is running away from the mobs instead of fighting them. There is no strong evidence of scripting based on the timing and the play patterns we analyzed so far but they will continue to be monitored.

However, we do plan to address the issue that the game allows infinite free energy refill (plus free gem pileup) when players farm guardian + possessed + chests on mainland town 1-5. The best solution we plan to implement, which does not affect the game play for 99.999% of players, is to limit one set of white crystal trade-in per day.
admin
Site Admin

Postby TomHyberger » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:31 pm

admin wrote:We have actually been monitoring Alfred's play logs for the past few days since we received reports that his stat increases without having mobs going up, and noticed they are using exactly the same methods as the top 3 players (who also can easily get 50 free stats a day). The difference is that he is running away from the mobs instead of fighting them. There is no strong evidence of scripting based on the timing and the play patterns we analyzed so far but they will continue to be monitored.

However, we do plan to address the issue that the game allows infinite free energy refill (plus free gem pileup) when players farm guardian + possessed + chests on mainland town 1-5. The best solution we plan to implement, which does not affect the game play for 99.999% of players, is to limit one set of white crystal trade-in per day.

So until this is fixed we should all just head there and get cracking?
TomHyberger

Postby admin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:56 pm

TomHyberger wrote:
admin wrote:We have actually been monitoring Alfred's play logs for the past few days since we received reports that his stat increases without having mobs going up, and noticed they are using exactly the same methods as the top 3 players (who also can easily get 50 free stats a day). The difference is that he is running away from the mobs instead of fighting them. There is no strong evidence of scripting based on the timing and the play patterns we analyzed so far but they will continue to be monitored.

So until this is fixed we should all just head there and get cracking?

The mechanism is now activated.
admin
Site Admin

Postby toulin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:11 pm

i think that instead of penalizing the .001% of us who actually can trade in more than one set of white crystals is just a stop gap. i spend thousands of energy a day from hitting fallen and bosses and invasion and still farm as much as i can. so to limit my ability to grow as others apparently have is to me unfair. i have been playing for over 2 years and have seen many people accused many, many, many times and instead of just addressing the issues with individuals you set limits on the ones who do it the right way. Again i find it disheartening instead of treating the offenders you make it harder for legitimate users. well it is your system and I guess we will have to abide by you decision. looking forward to the next update hopefully that will still keep me excited about the game.
toulin

Postby Kalon » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:12 pm

And by activating that, you've done the exact OPPOSITE of what you intend.

Once I get a white trade in now...I'll play until I get 5 more whites. As my E does have its limits, once I get 5 more whites...I'm done. Doesn't matter if there's 10 more hours left in the day. I'm done. Otherwise, I may get to the point where I'm out of E and gems...and I wouldn't have been if I instead "played smart".

Can't believe they keep trying to find ways to play less. Makes no sense to me, at all. Oh well, fiance' is gonna be happy I'm playing a lot less.
Kalon

Postby Maria » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:17 pm

They've already patched it so we can't go join in lol
Tracey
Titans

Maria

Postby Mutt » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Here is a thought...rather than limiting everyone, which really just hurts people without max energy this preventing them a good day of luck in crystals, increase the amount of whites needed to gain 20 gems. Personally I am lucky to get a full set a day myself so this doesnt bother me that much but others will find this crippling.
ImageImage
Its great being me,
Tell them Dreamworld is free!
ʇʇnW
Aka
Rydia
Mutt

Next

Return to Facebook Server